Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lighter Moments

Pardon me while I step out of my mind
While I still can, while its not yet a crime
As the world turns on holy wars
Waves crash strongly on all our shores
Images in my mind I wish were not stored

The tide comes in, the tide goes out
Time surely we know nothing about
Yet the man-made seconds tick on by
Yet the times remain precious in our eyes
Yes we look back from time to time

In our mind of hopes and dreams
Is a reason to live on it would seem
If you are reading this on some day cold
Be glad that you are not a flattened toad
For the good times never grow old...so I'm told

So be brave and have faith
Your soul is better off with no hate
Though these words may seem lame
At least you know that you're not to blame
They'll rhyme just right when it rains

© Rahul Chidambaran 2011

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I am feeling a bit moody today, so it was perfect. I promise to be thankful I'm not a flattened toad. LOL. :)

    Rhyme Me a Smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel - Thanks! I'm glad this poem found you at the right time. Also, I believe your promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They'll rhyme just right when it rains
    that is my fav line lala!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect rhyming..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful poem, really enjoyed. And I think your words are full of wisdom, not lame at all :)

    ReplyDelete